A website user can be assigned the role of a registered user, site administrator, or other levels as defined by your organization’s business rules. Only site administrators have access to make changes in the dashboard. Registered users may have access to secure parts of the website. Users are also given an account status of pending, active, locked out, or disabled.
How do I add a user to my website?
- From the left sidebar menu, click website, then users
- Enter the users last name or email address and click search current users. Fill in additional fields and select their account status and user role
- Determine whether or not to require a password reset at their first login
- Assign a site access expiration date if desired
- Click save user
- If the user being added is not in the system, you must first add them as a user then add them as a website user.
- Site users can also be added through a registration page.
How do I delete a user from my website?
To delete a user, search for them by using their last name or email address and click search current users. The option to remove is on the far right. If you do not want to complete delete the user from the database, you can choose to change their status from active to either pending, locked out, or disabled.
How do I edit a user on my website?
To edit the profile of a single user simply click on their name to expand that record. You may perform a batch update using any combination of role, status, and the remove checkboxes. Use the save and remove buttons at the bottom of the page to trigger a batch update.
To change the permission and role of a user, search for them by using their last name or email address and click search current users. Click on the drop down underneath role. You can choose to change their role to site administrator, registered user, or manager. All the roles are defined and managed per customer specs.