A typical use for an Event portlet is creating a calendar of events. To do this, first create an event group to identify related events. For instance, if you want to create a calendar of events for "high school band, create an event group with the label 'high school band'
Some views allows users to register or "sign up" for events. When a user registers to attend an event, Web Crescendo sends an email confirming this action to the designated Administrator.
|"+"||This symbol allows for the creation or modification of portlets on the existing page|
|This symbol allows for the creation or modification of portlets on a new or exitisting page.|
|This symbol is used to provide a preview of the current page or portlet.|
|This symbol provides a list of update dates and the individual who updated that portlet.|
|This symbol provides the ability to see the all the pages that portlet is currently being displayed on.|
|This is the DELETE symbol. All delete actions will prompt the user before the delete occurs.|
|This symbol is used to add or modify sub-elements to an existing portlet.|
|1-||Event Group Name:||Title of the portlet being created.|
|2-||Short Description:||A short explanation of the portlet you are creating.|
|3-||Group Image:||Ability to upload an image for this event.|
|4-||Display Order:||Determine the order in which this event will display|
|5-||Product Code:||Setting the text value allows you to tie events to a particular product.|
|6-||Intro Text:||Content about the event.|
|7-||Response Text:||Content that appears|
|8-||Confirmation Email Senders Address:||Email Address the confirmation email is sent from|
|9-||Confirmation Email Subject:||title that appears on the subject line of the confirmation email being sent|
|10-||Confirmation Email Message:||Add content in body the confirmation email.|
|1-||Event Type:||What category the event falls in.|
|2-||Type Description:||A short explanation of the event being created|
How to Add an Event Portlet creating a calendar of events
- Select Portlets: Events. The Portlet Actions for Event screen displays. View each event portlet currently created for this website.
- Select + next to Portlet Actions for Event. The Event Portlet screen displays.
- Enter an identifying name and short description. Clock Browse to include an image to the portlet.
- In the Displays order field, select a lower number to display the portlet first, select a higher number to display the portlet after the first.
- In the Product Code Field......
- To set an automatic confirmation, click the + adjacent to Automated RSVP Email Confirmations.
- Enter text confirming the sender's address, subject, and message.
- Click Save Info.