This portlet holds a collection of items you wish to display in a list format. The associated views enable you to set up different kinds of simple lists. Build a Simple List Portlet to setup a list of images, list of links, or list of tests/paragraphs, etc.
|1-||List Name||Title of the portlet being created.|
|2-||Short Description||Provide a short explanation of the portlet you are creating.|
|3-||Header Text||The title that appears on the web page for this portlet|
|1-||+ Items for the "Name" Simple List Group||Click the icon to create an entry for this list.|
|2-||Item Name||This is the title you gave to the entry created for this list|
|1-||Title:||Name of the entry being added to the list|
|2-||Display Order:||Determine the order this entry will appear in.|
|3-||Use Body Text:||Decide whether the content in the list body will be displayed.|
|4-||Open in New Window:||By choosing yes, this entry will appear in a new window.|
|5-||Link URL:||You have the ability to link this to a different page.|
|6-||Entry Image:||Upload an image to this entry.|
|7-||Short Description:||Provide a short explaining of the portlet you are creating.|
|8-||List Body||Provide the text that will appear in the body of this entry. Only use this if the URL is not already provided.|
How to setup a Simple List Portlet
- Select Portlets: Simple List. View a summary of each.
- Select Portlet Actions for Simple List. The Add Simple List Portlet displays.
- Enter the list name and a brief description, and the Header text you would like to display.
- Click Save Info.
- Highlight the list; click the + under actions to configure this portlet.
- Click + Items for the "name" Simple List Group.
- Enter a title; Display order; Use Body Text; Open in New Window. You can also link to another URL and upload an image.
- Add a short description and List Body.
- Click Save Link.
- To view, click on the magnify glass icon.