The Email a Friend portlet places an icon on your webpage for "Email this page to a friend". When the user clicks that link, they are shown a form to complete. Upon submitting the form, an email is sent to their 'friend' with a link to the webpage invoked.
When you assign the Email a Friend portlet to a page, select the view of the form your users will use. Some forms display with a comments box, some do not. You can view each sample as you build the portlet.
|1-||Portlet Name:||Title of the portlet being created.|
|2-||Short Description:||A short explanation of the portlet being created|
|3-||Use Comments:||This content appears on the subject line of the email.|
|4-||Email Subject Text:||Text that appears in the subject of the email being sent.|
|5-||Form Header Text:||The title that appears on the web page.|
|6-||Response Text:||Content sent back to the individual using the Email a Friend portlet. For Example: Thank you for passing this information on.|
|7-||Email Message Text:||Content that appears in the body of the email that's sent to the friend receiving the email.|
How to Add an Email a Friend Portlet
- Select Portlets: Email a Friend. View sample forms. Select one.
- Select + adjacent to Portlet Actions for Email_Friend. The Email_A-Friend portlet screen displays.
- Enter an identifying name and short description.
- Select Yes or No to include comments in the email message.
- Enter the email subject text you want to display with this portlet.
- To add header text to the email, select the + next to Form Header Text.
- To add your response, select the + adjacent to Response Text.
- To ass message text, select the + next to Email message Text.
- Clock the Add Portlet button.