Use a Forums Portlet to add online discussions to your site. A forum is an area where people can hold conversations in the form of posted messages. Unlike chat rooms, these messages are temporarily archived. You have the capability of assigning certain levels of permission which will allow only certain people read and post in the forum. The forum could also be set up for the admin to approve messages before they are posted on the forum.
|1-||Forum Group Name:||Title of the portlet being created. This group name also appears on the web page as the main title.|
|2-||Short Description:||A short explanation of the portlet you are creating.|
|3-||Summary Text:||A summary of the Forum group that is being created|
|4-||Header Text:||Text that appears as the heading for this particular forum group.|
|1-||Forum Name:||Title of the forum..|
|2-||Summary Text:||Explanation of the forum.|
|3-||Forum is Moderated:||Allows the administrator(s) to be able to approve or deny any posts before they are added to the Forum|
|4-||Grant read to permission to:||Choose who has permission to view a Forum.|
|5-||Grant post permission to:||Choose who has permission to post a Forum|
|6-||Grant admin permission to:||Choose who will have admin permission in a Forum|
|7-||Registration Portlet:||Allows the administrator to require an individual to register for a forum in order to gain access|
|8-||Login Portlet:||Allows only people with user names and passwords to log into the forum being created.|
|9-||Header Text:||This text appears as the heading for this particular forum.|
How to add a Forum
- Select Portlets: Forums. View a summary of each forum portlet set up thus far.
- Select + adjacent to Portlet Actions for FORUM.
- Enter a group name and a brief description of the group being created.
- Enter a summary of the forum being created
- Add a Header to the forum group.
- Click Save Info.
How to Configure a Forum Group
- Highlight the group being configured and click .
- Select + adjacent to SMT Forums, "forum group name" Forum Group
- Enter a name and brief description of the forum.
Select preferences for:
- Forum is Moderated
- Grant read permission to
- Grant post permission to
- Grant admin permission to
- Registration Portlet
- Login Portlet
- Enter a Header Text.
- Click Save Info