Use the Registration portlet to collect user profile information that is used to define user login data. Any website requiring username/password login needs to use this portlet. The registration form can be customized very much the same way as a Contact Us Poertlet is. Add data-collection fields to your form and assign them using page# and order# to your registration process. Not: Registrations can be multiple pages in length (not just a single-page form).
|1-||Portlet Name:||Title of the portlet being created. It allows you to quickly locate and edit it under the list of Registration Portlets.|
|2-||Short Description:||A brief explanation to remind yourself about the information of this portlet.|
|3-||Email Subject Text:||Content you want to appear on the subject line of the email that's sent to the individual registering.|
|4-||Notify Admin:||Choose whether or not you want the administrator to be notified when an individual registers.|
|5-||Required Admin Approval:||Choose whether or not the administrator needs to approve the individual registering before they have access to the information they are registering for.|
|6-||# of Pages:||Determine how many pages you want the registration form to be.|
|8-||Opt-In/Consent Statement:||Content giving permission to the company to contact that person. A visitor has to indicate agreement in order to submit the form. For Example: I understand that "Company Name" may contact me with more information about its products and services.|
|9-||Form Response Text:||Content that shows up for the individual to see after they submit their form. For example: Thank you for Registering with our company.|
|10-||Email Message Text:||A message that appears in the body of the email that is sent back to the individual who is restering.|
|1-||Profile Data Field Name:||Information that the individual registering can fill out.|
|2-||Required:||Choose whether or not this information is required to be filled out before submitting the form.|
|3-||Order:||Determine what order you want these fields to fall in.|
|4-||Page:||If you decided that this registration form has multiple pages, you can choose which page you want that field to fall on.|
How to Setup a Registration Portlet.
- Select Portlets: Registration. View a summary of each Registration Portlet
- Select + adjacent to Portlet Actions for Registration. Add a new Registration Portlet displays.
- Enter the identifying name for this portlet and a brief description.
- Enter the subject text you would like to display in the email.
- Select your preferences in the Notify Admin and Require Approval fields.
- Select the number of pages for the registration.
- Select + Collection Statement. Enter the message you want to display. Note: This step is optional.
- Select + Opt-In Consent Statement if you want the user to consent to marketing messages. Enter the message you want to display. Note: This step is optional.
- Select + Form Response Text. Enter text.
- Select + Email Message Text. Enter text.
- Select Save Portlet.
- Then, configure your registration portlet.
- Locate the portlet in the portlet list and select the .
- Choose which fields will be on your form.
- Select if that field is required, it's order and the page it will be on.
- Click Assign Fields.