If you wanted to have a portlet on your website/page that displayed new headlines, an RSS feed could be setup to the New York Times to retrieve their latest headlines every 4 hours. The contents of the feed would display on your website with links to the NYT full article (if the user wanted to read the whole thing).
|RSS Module Name:||Title of the portlet being created. It allows you to locate it alphabetically in your list of RSS Feeds.|
|2-||Short Description:||A short explanation of the portlet you are creating.|
|3-||RSS Feed:||The source you will be displaying information from.|
|4-||Max Number to Display (0 for all):||The number of articles you want displayed from the source.|
How to set up an RSS Portlet
- Select Portlets: RSS Data. View a summary of each RSS Portlet setup.
- Click + portlet Actions for RSS. The Add RSS Data Feed Portlet displays.
- Enter a name for this RSS module and a brief description.
- Select the name of the RSS Feed.
- Select the number of feeds to display for this portlet.
- Select Update Schedule to display RSS feeds that will automatically update based on the schedule you setup.
- Select Save Info.